PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Cabin Crew EBA
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2009, 22:49
EBA_Babylon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crew vs crew

I agree with vbg, shopcart and ozA, on the union issues, in particular, at a time we need them most, Crew should take control, and stand united, whether as a collective group (NOT a consultative committee!) or as union members.

I prefer the latter,-because I'd be darned taking on our company with it's team of legals by my self! Who's going to the court dates off thier own back to oppose the EBA being terminated?? Black listed for sure should any promotions etc come around!

I really don't want to see a culture of union crew vs non union crew but when you put it that way vbgirl, it seem's we are paying for others free loading, not doing anything (correct me if i'm wrong!) to protect our eba and working conditions. Is that not what the company is counting on? a split? come on crew, wake up, get active for yourself and for you team mates... your union fees are tax deductable, and if anything, treat it like insurance.... something that you despise paying for but ultimately need just in case, saving you in the long run!

Now, not to be counterproductive to my previous rant, but where exactly does that $30,000 money go when a fine is imposed??

And quote in The Australian Business (online) yesterday....
Meanwhile, Virgin Blue ground crew have rejected a proposed enterprise agreement, with 69 per cent of the workers voting against the deal.
Virgin is also facing a legal stoush with its flight attendants over a new enterprise agreement.
Again, we don't want to damage our earnings too much, but a simple publicity campaign like OzAngel said could really go a long way.....