PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2009, 17:44
nclops

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Landed early at 00.05 and was advised during taxi that there would be a short delay in disembarking to allow the fitting of an airbridge (which bemused me as to why they announced this?) which was to our advantage as the weather was atrocious (very heavy rain)

After 10 minutes the pilot came on and apologised saying we'd have to disembark via stairs as the airbridge operator was unavailable. Hmmm. So another 5 minutes and stairs were attached. By now we've been on the ground nearly 20 minutes. I exited via front stairs which to my mind weren't attached properly. They shook like hell and were very very slippy. It was like a funhouse ride from the Town Moor. The air stewards started directing people to the back doors instead.
It bemuses me as why they told you this as well because the flight deck knew well in advance of landing that the airbridge was u/s, and had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that there was no operator present. (There was actually an operator present well in advance of the a/c pulling on to stand but unable to use the airbridge as it's currently broken.).

2 sets of stairs were waiting and were connected to the a/c (properly) within 5 minutes of it pulling onto stand. The front stairs were connected first and the majority of the flight disembarked via the front stairs with no other complaints made. The a/c was fully clear of passengers and the crew had disembarked within 20 minutes of its arrival on stand so your times are very inaccurate.

It does seem you've had a long wait for you bags however but this may have something to do with the TOM IBZ actually landing 15 mins before you not 15 mins after.