PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another L@zer W@nker Busted
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2009, 15:58
eocvictim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[quovte]
CSD, There are other forms of punishment. Persoanlly I'd prefer to see them put through a proper diversionary program with the aim of stopping anit-social or criminal behaviour than banged up where they will quite likely come out worse. Maybe you see it as soft but I see it as overall more beneficial for society.

And yes, I absolutely understand how serious it is.
[/quote]

I totally agree and having been lazered on an ILS 3 times, on a Vis app twice over Altona, twice on vis app into BK, been "spotlighted" circling into a black hole strip, cars shine their high beams and flash me on short final into another black hole strip and FINALLY having had fireworks shot at me over Cranburn I'd say I've copped enough of it to have a good say on the matter.

Most of the time its "kids" being dickheads also considering the cost and only avenues of access to these devices they're not coming from "bad" homes. I cant see the point in me paying for them to be "punished" when as you said its only promoting worse behaviour and grooming an idiot into a hardened criminal.

I would much rather see them forced to pay large sums of money (garnished) and X amount of community service. Perhaps clearing birds at the airport? An exercise in punishment and education, 2 birds with 1 stone?