PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Qantas 737 wing inspection lights on for take-off
Old 1st Sep 2009, 12:44
Sykes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
funnier!

Maybe we can get to funniest by the end of the night??

Sykes good to see that you have a firm grasp of the English lingo and one day that fact might earn you the privi to blind others or be blinded, 'till then tallyho.
And tootle pip to you, old bean.

FWIW, the "light twins" I fly often find me being blinded by QF aircraft. What do I do?

I LOOK AWAY!

I also realised that at the big Q, most people do as they are told, whether they agree or not. Ergo, if these a/c have their wing/ice lights on, then they are doing it because there has been a change in their SOP's. I'm pretty certain that the individual pilots don't get much of a say in these.

I don't want to tarnish everyone at the Q with the same brush of illogic but the regulars on here seem to be out to justify the unjustifiable.
Really? I don't see anyone here trying to justify anything. Q pilots are posting here EXPLAINING why they do it (against their wishes, it seems) and NOT justifying the practice!

They've also pointed out to you that they've also complained, etc, without any change to the policy!

PPRUNe might just be able to convey the message and evoke the logic from some in the know,wouldn't it?
English NOT your first language, and obviously lacking in how Q management react to suggestions from tech crew as well...

keep it coming...