PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another L@zer W@nker Busted
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2009, 12:35
sixtiesrelic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
However I think the ADF's objection would be more of a financial one. Remember, the ADF does what's its told by the government of the day. Bringing back National Service now would require massive funding. The ADF just couldn't do it within their present budget without basically shutting down their present operational activities.
Nevertheless I would support the return of a National Service if it were adequately funded. However I don't think there's the support for it from the general populace, and therefore no votes in it.

That's right!
Perhaps the unemployment benefit could be paid straight into the ADF's coffers like many retirement villager's pensions go to the retirement village.
Naturally mummy and daddy wouldn't want their little darlin's going into Nasho and would vote against it if they could.
Do we ever get the opportunity to vote against poly and judges payrises... NA because all the political teams are all for payrises.
Wonder if we could get them to all vote for National service. It's not the punishment but the natural pride and cohesiveness guys get in being part of a unit.
We've become too independent and think we have have unjustifiable rights.