PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Royal Navy J31's
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2009, 21:06
althenick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Someone makes a seemingly knowledgable statement about something which in fact they have no knowledge about without making a qualifying statement such as:-
"I have never seen the Jetstream radar and have absolutely no knowledge about it, but I assume that it is designed for the purpose rather than a stone age weather radar from the 18th century which is almost completely unsuitable for a SAR role"
for example...........
Tourist,

Like some on this forum I am a aviation Idiot. I do not pretend to know anything of any meaningfull depth upon the subject and I do bow to your infinitely supeior knowledge. And for this reason i'm sorry that I seemed to have caused you to spit your dummy out.
As for never seeing a Jetstream - Wrong! Ive not only seen one but damn near crashed at GLW on landing in one from Kirkwall.

As for the radar...

I was led to beleive by a Pilot (Ok not FAA - but he told me he was a pilot -many times over in fact) that the Jetstream had a Sea King Radar in it which I took to be of the MK6 variety and therefore I thought it may be of some use.

As for your comment about the Jetstream being unsuitable for the SAR Role - See Adam Nams post.