PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another L@zer W@nker Busted
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2009, 22:44
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's obvious that such people who do things like this simply do not understand the possible repercussions. 99% of people wouldn't hold a loaded gun to someones face with just one round in the chamber & pull the trigger, lazering could have the same end result & the reason why most wouldn't even think about it is we are mostly educated not to do such stunts. It's all about education I believe, trouble is we don't have that level of education anymore at school level where young good decent people are shaped into young law abiding adults. The kids have all the rights now, as John Laws used to say, the bloody 'snivel libertarians'
Sure we need deterrents like incarceration etc. otherwise chaos would reign in our society but our laws in general are a joke, there in lies the real problem, not the misguided fool behind the laser.The fact that he/she believes that it's fun, brave to do so (in his peers eyes) & with little chance of being caught & punished is something that would be almost impossible to deal with. Think about it. The world leaders (western world) where all most likely handed out discipline as a child by way of smacks etc they now rule a world where they are losing control but gee what will the next generation of leaders be like? They would have come from a society that is soft, allowed to get away with far too much, these new leaders of the future shall lead by example that's way out of control. God 'elp the next generation.!
I've seen the result of a drunk drivers actions many a times, what does that 'killer' get?.....we all know very little at times purely because we are weak at the other end of the deterrent 'stick'

Off the track I guess but the real story here is not the fool who does this but how do we stop it & educate such people? This event will happen again for sure & we shall be right back here again saying the same things, it's now unfixable, we have lost control.

Wmk2