PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus suspends pilots & ops (merged)
Old 3rd Jun 2002, 01:19
Raas767

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oneworld

Some of you on the Aer Lingus forum have already hinted at this and I believe it to be very real. There seems to be a concerted effort within the management of Oneworld carriers to seriously weaken or flat out get rid of their unions. Lan Chile's pilot union no longer exists, Cathey went from a class act to a catastrophe within a matter of a few years, Don Carty, the grand master of potential union busters, is attempting to lobby congress to take away U.S. pilots right to strike.
I would urge all pilots from Oneworld airlines to keep very vigilant on these issues. Let your union reps. know your concerns and voice them to your elected officials. I spoke with a friend of mine high up in APA and he indicated that the Oneworld cockpit coalition is exploring ways to give it teath in dealing with these kinds of threats on an international level.
Any ideas, comments or insights on this issue would be greatly appreciated. In the meantime I hope our Aer Lingus brothers prevail and set an example for the rest of us on how to stand up and fight.... Great job.