PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any flying job, anywhere
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2009, 15:36
lorenzo77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks everyone for the useful replies! A few updates-

1) Yes I saw the jetbird job, unfortunately I do not have 100h jet though

2) In the meantime I found ppjn quite useful, basically going through all the factfiles and especially those of smaller operators. I did see a few carriers that accept applications from low-hour pilots, so I think that is the way to go for people in my position. Any other website out there with lists of airlines/requirements?

3) For those interested in africa/safari flying, look up http://www.pprune.org/african-aviati...09-season.html.
I haven't looked yet into the carribean though, any specific tip?

4) Redsnail, my order of preference (from most desirable to least) is europe, the americas/caribbean, middle east, asia, australia, africa. But as said I will take anything, even antarctica!

5) euindkan, I suspect some instructor hiring may be occurring in asia/me. Look up "Pan am air academy" in china, i believe they were recently hiring. Also recently i saw an ad for a FI position in the middle east on aviationjobsearch.com

6) Giggey, may I ask you to elaborate on your self sponsored TR thought? I understand you believe that there is a strong chance of getting a TR, work for a few months, and then get fired with not many hours under your belt? Any thoughts/examples welcome