PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus suspends pilots & ops (merged)
Old 2nd Jun 2002, 18:14
Captain Stable

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Baily, on just a very quick perusal back 3 or 4 pages I have found the following:-

Kaptin M:-
It would appear to the naieve - such as I - that whomever decided to shut down the Aer lingus operation must be leaving himself open to damages claims by affected customers.

Tom the Tenor:-
The management of Aer Lingus are treating their passengers like cra p.

Hand Solo:-
Well if thats true then its very disturbing, although do we know whether they were carrying AL passengers, or just the many hundreds who buy the BA codeshare tickets and whom BA would be obliged to refund otherwise?

Kaptin M again:-
The message is SAFETY - the people most affected and at risk are the travelling pax.

Apart from the fact that the sort of tactics Aer Lingus are adopting affecting the livelihoods of every professional pilot in Ireland AND the UK, which would (naturally, I think) get almost anyone exercised, this dispute (as I understand it) is largely about AL reducing safety margins. Whilst no pilot that I know is particularly keen on killing himself through fatigue, the concerns of most pilots are for their passengers. It is vitally important that the real basis of this dispute is made known to the travelling public. Our safety is their safety.