PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Netjets price crash announced
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2009, 14:31
fortuna76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I fail to understand the frequent use of foul language against Netjets by so many.

I used to work for Netjets but left to join a major airline. At the time I was worried that Netjets would not give me the security i would want. As it turns out they seem to be keeping there end of the deal much more than quite a lot of other companies. The email of Jonathan Breeze from Jet Republic to his staff was a classic example stating: 'it appears we are insolvent', as if it came falling from the sky. This offcourse being synonamous for: you will not get paid this month and ever again. This sort of thing has not happened in Netjets.

Instead Netjets has embarked on a road of trying to find other solutions than firing people, which I find quite refreshing to see. Offcourse it looks bad on them if the news gets out that they fire 300 people. And also it is nice to have this stock of pilots ready to jump back on board whenever things heat up again. But from a pilots point of view it is better to have half a job then no job at all.

Some people will keep chopping at Netjets and everything that they do. Maybe those should ask themself if it really is valid commenting. There seems to be sufficient fresh ideas coming out of the headquarters in Lisbon. The indoc course is more about understanding the wishes of the company, the attitude they like the crews to display towards the passengers and possible to create a bit of go-minded ideas. It certainly is not a course in trying to state that they are the best of the best, it is a course in trying to deliver the best product. Most of the people that I have worked with were very wonderful guys, without a hint of arrogance and never looking towards their fellow pilots in the FBOs without respect. There is always the one or two that make up the exception, like in any company, but I am sure that they are very very few and I know that the managers were not amused by these people.

With hindsight I would probably have preferred to stay with Netjets than move to the big airline. Things were significantly better there than I gave them credit for and I still believe this to be true even though they have had to sidetrack a few pilots. With the debt mounting high in my current company I wonder how safe I am at the moment. Hopefully they can come up with a voluntary plan if required