PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cityflyer
Thread: BA Cityflyer
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2009, 13:48
BAladdy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I recall that someone mentioned that a decision on the three E190SR options has been delayed. If BACF wanted to exercise their options could they change the E190SR options to E170's??

Originally Posted by HZ123
I think BA in general has tried all this before, it has been a fine line at actually making money
If you mean the whole charter thing. BACF a couple of years ago was doing quite well operating charter flights at weekends from EDI, BHX and I think MAN. The reason they stopped was they started to impact on the punctuality and reliability of their scheduled services.
Originally Posted by HZ123
Are these the right aircraft anyway?
If you mean to operate charters. I personally think the new E-Jets would be a better fit for those flights. On the other hand if you mean are the E-Jets the right aircraft to replace the RJ85/100's. I would have to say that I couldn't think of a better replacement.

Although smaller, the E170's will be able to fly higher and faster than the current RJ85 and RJ100 aircraft. They will also be far more fuel efficient and offer BACF's customers more space to work and relax. With only 76 seats the E170's will be a better aircraft to operate routes such as ZRH, AMS, MAD, FRA as well as off peak flights to GLA and EDI. Historically those flights struggles to achieve load factors of over 60% on the 110 seater RJ100's.

As has already been posted earlier. Flights on the LCY/MAD route are expected to be 15 mins faster from MAD to LCY and 25 mins faster from LCY to MAD when the E170 takes over from the RJ85 currently operating the route.

Due to the E190SR's being a new variant of the E190 not much info is available on it's range/payload etc. However it will still be, as the E170's will be able to fly higher and faster while at the same time being far more fuel efficient than the current E190's.