PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL Training
Thread: PPL Training
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2009, 21:11
Ryan5252

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Relax... all good things come to those who wait and if your doing a PPL expect to spend more than 'a few weeks' in obtaining your Licence. Im going to briefly outline what I think is relevant to you as this has been covered many, many times before. There is no minimum to which you can start flying which is good because from your last post you never specified how old you actually are... for the purpose of this reply I shall assume you are 14 as you are not yet 15. However, any flights/hours logged before your fourteenth birthday will not qualify as experience for the purpose of any licence or rating. You have to be 16 before you can solo and 17 before you can be issued with any type of Licence. In theory, you can complete your PPL before your 17th Birthday i.e. ground exams and skills test but you will not be issued with, or be able to, exercise any privileges afforded to a PPL holder until you are 17.
The above of course open to correction from fellow 'prooners'.
Ref Flying in Ireland - There are two options you can here; either

a) Research it yourself online,
b) provide clear information in your post to what exactly you plan to do...

i.e. "I'm from Ireland,put i will travel abroad to get a good deal for what i'm getting.Can anyone give me information on Flight Schools."

You will travel abroad? I suggest looking into Training in FL if cost is your main concern - though im not entirely sure this is what you meant?

Or even good deals like doing me PPL in a few weeks.
I believe they do this in Waterford visit JAA Pilot Flight Training - Pilot Training College Ireland - professional pilot courses honours BSc degree level - shoot them an email requesting information on standalone PPL courses offered.

You should also advise how far 'abroad' is. Should we recommend flying schools in Northern Ireland or Austrailia? Will you be staying on at school with a view to entering higher education?

Sorry not much help, but not a big pile of information to go on. If it helps answer your question I fly out of EGAB in a C152 for aprox £130/hour.
You may also wish to visit here FlyingInIreland :: View Forum - Irish General Aviation