PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 27th Aug 2009, 09:34
Matt101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But PC it's a circle that doesn't have to go on and on.

Okay I have a question - because I really can't see where it comes from - where (other than the pay freeze which is genereally accepted by all departments as acceptable at the moment) do BASSA think that Cabin Crew will be losing money from in the BA proposals - I see a lot about working harder but I cannot depsite how often I read it see the line that says there is going to be a pay cut - I only see that in the BASSA proposal!

I appreciate that future earnings are at threat if promotion is only into the new contract - a point that should be negotiated - but surely the rest of it is productivity based, the monthly lump sum in lieu of ETP/BOX/B2B payments (not meal allowances) is optional entirely. If you don't like it don't have it - if you are worried new crew will be doing the lucrative routes then maybe you should work on accepting it at a reasonable level to protect variable pay.

But please tell me where less guranted days off (you can all still only work 900hours FDP and 1200hrs contracted) on EF (10 the current being more than most in the country get) or reduced rest downroute, changes to crew compliments, the CSD rolling up their sleeves, eary day report bought forward etc is going to hit your pocket. It ain't! - It may make you work harder but surely to protect your financial status that is better than BASSA's offer to give all CC a pay cut!

What some fail to get is that most people are on your side so long as you realise that some changes need to be made, the trouble we have is looking at both proposals shows that the BASSA ideas are worse financially for both BA and the Cabin Crew!