PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What are you doing now, instead of Flying?
Old 27th Aug 2009, 06:45
HarleyD

Location: Aus, or USA, or UK or EU, or possibly somehwere in Asia.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VH-UFO

HaHaHA excellent come back, I cooda writ that meself. I have a feeling that you must have met me by the way you seem to sum me up so poetically.

And if we haven't met, I would be quite happy for you to shout me a few drinks whilst I regale you with stories from many continents, and some incontinence, all of them interesting and mesmurising, some based on fact and even some true ones. Some of these stories are so incredible that sometimes I even amaze myself!! and that is no mean feat, even if I do say so myself, as I do.

I have had a heap of fun times, some absolutely amazing times, a few terrorizing ones, (sorry, I mean character building don't I) and the occaisional periods of misery between flying jobs. I was a professional mororcycle racer in Europe and here in Oz for a while, and whilst that was basically high adreneline and broken bones, i went back to ag fliying coz it was safer. You can still be a perfessernal pilet when you're an old broken down fart, in fact this is known as ''distinguished" by us senior aircrew, but you won't cut it on the race track where a youthful lack of fear is a distinct advantage and arthritis is a severe disadvantage.

Yes I still look up when i hear a plane, and yes I check out the avaition mags in the newsagents (why don't they put them closer to the stick books, it would save time). so I am also an aviation sad, just like so many here.

Mirror, Mirror on the wall, oooh you are soooo sexy, bald and over weight though you may be, or maybe this mirror is defective,

HD