PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What are you doing now, instead of Flying?
Old 27th Aug 2009, 00:59
AnyGivenSunday99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly, Lodown - you owe me new undies. just messed them up i was laughing so hard.

I've been around the aviation industry my whole life, and I've seen them come and go. One thing that remains perpetual though, is those that have touched the industry, will forever more look skywards at the sound of a growling or whistling aero engine - regardless of whether they love or hate the industry.

I totally agree with Bushy. It's like herpes. Once you have it, it's with you for life.

Like so many others, I myself am perservering through one of the "tough" periods. Wishing I was up there instead of down here, living on 2 minuite noodles and asking myself why we do what we do. Even during these times, I still can't imagine doing anything else. As I said before, we have the best job in the world, even if it is flying a 172 with fat german tourists over some rocks... most days are diamonds, and it sure beats working for a living.

For all our friends that have fallen by the wayside on the journey to the airlines, well, I guess it is not for everyone. I know you all have your reasons. My thoughs are this - dont stop flying because you are no longer a career pilot. I know I could always scrape together a few bucks each month to go for a burn in a 152, or a Cub. Take the time to go to the Dero club for a few ales. There is a comraderie (sp.) between pilots that exists long after our medicals expire that other industries could only wish to have. It's something very important to me personally.

Bet you all remember your first solo better than your first r**t.....