PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chris Darke to be re-elected!!! Vote
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2002, 23:28
Hand Solo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a) Which CCs supported JF is totally irrelevant to the election, unless you are trying to forge a BA/non-BA split in the union. The fact is that JF secured sufficient support from BALPA members (represented by their company councils) to stand against CD. Would you have dismissed his support if it had come from say the Britannia and Air UK CCs?

b) What price democracy? Nobody wants to see CD rubber-stamped into another 5 year term just because its the cheapest thing to do. Another 5 year term for CD will cost us all nearly £500,000 in his wages. Significantly more than the cost of two elections.

c) What bad press? This is the only forum available for active debate on the subject of a new General Secretary. Would you rather we had the 2 page document sent with our ballot papers and nothing more? I haven't seen CD round these parts campaigning lately, but then as I only work at one of the UKs busiest airports I can hardly expect that, can I?

Flapless you really should give up on your blatantly biased moaning on this thread. We can all see what you're trying to do, and irrespective of peoples preferences, you are convincing no-one with your half-baked conspiracy theories and baseless arguments. Either add something of substance to the debate or stop wasting our time.

Last edited by Hand Solo; 1st Jun 2002 at 23:32.