PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What are you doing now, instead of Flying?
Old 26th Aug 2009, 02:40
40Deg STH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A37575

I know what your talking about and for that reason I will not be around one of those schools, as I said, a nice country airport where it is done with learning and fun in mind. That is one of the reasons I never instructed before.
Don't worry, there will be the odd cruise with my bride and trips away on the lifetime air travel. And when not doing either, You can find me on my tractor or beside the pool with a cold beer chatting to my amazing kids and watching the grand kids swim.
What I was basically trying to say in my previous post, is while aviation is a bugger of an industry,it is worth the effort.
Some people are forced to leave sadley and some leave because there are easier paths to take! Aviation is like a marriage to the rest of us, it takes commitment, love and passion to stay through good and bad times. A few beers help too
I don't think I can ever be removed from flying and my son is heading down that track too. Thankfully my daughter is smart like her mother!!

Now back to study for my sim check next week!!! Got to love it!!

Quag Mire

Yes your right, Most of us have had these gaps too and doubts about the career, but as you say, stay and keep going. When these things have happened to me, my wife just raises her eyebrows and says "haven't we been tested enough". She never ever has once suggested i quit, she knows I would never be happy and you seem to be like the rest of us too, so keep on going my friend.
At school we had a Caplain and he had a saying (was an all boys school). " Life is like taking a piss, You need aim to hit the bowl, and you need commitment to stay there until your finished". I don't think too many of us are finished yet, just sometimes our aim is a little off!!! Just ask my wife!!!
Good luck my friend.

Last edited by 40Deg STH; 26th Aug 2009 at 02:52.