PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MPL - dead or just no publicty
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2009, 10:54
Chocks Away

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Plenty of barbed comments above to respond to but not worth it.

...so I'll make my comments from a "well-versed" position of a 20 year aviation carreer so far, having spanned both feast and famine in pilot job markets.
Personally I've had to be very resourceful, persistent and ingenious to keep my career alive over the years... all very honestly and without cutting others' grass, I might add!
There are many on here from a more experienced background also but as much as I (we?) believe, that you can not substitute hands-on experience, MPL is here and will stay, as Airlines have no other option in the forthcoming desperate short supply of skilled "drivers". They simply have to "get pilot bums on seats" right now, just to gain hours experience, for the coming massive shortfall.

Shortage you say? Yes! There is right now, of suitably skilled/endorsed pilots with experience, in many sections of the globe. Just scan the multitude of Pilot-Labour-supply websites that abound! People are also choosing other more rewarding and family friendly careers, over our "accountant-run" and "Fatigue-ridden" Airline industry.

...but fellas, a $$$ rewarding career doesn't have to be on Jets with the big Shiny Jet Syndrome... there is plenty to be made on the Regional Turbo-Props, as a Checky/Trainer or experienced operator, which in many cases provide better regional living away from the ****e.

Each to there own I guess, as are their dreams.
I only hope that you "keep your dreams alive", otherwise you've got no chance.

Happy Landings