PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So where are all the jobs then?
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2009, 00:04
Avturbound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You Start it Finish It

I have just spent the last 30 mins reading back on all the posts about, "Aviation will be the death of you", "get out whilst you can" and so on so forth. Let me put it from a young aviation enthusiast. Before I continue I would just like to say for all the people that post negative comments about getting jobs, its to hard, or that want to get to the big 777 and fly Airlines one day, get paid good. YOU HAVE NO HOPE If you got into aviation for the money you will soon near the end of your road in Aviation.

I am a 22 year old, After completing my commercial pilot licence, there were limited jobs i mean limited. After working two jobs for 4 mths and sending out resumes i landed a job mustering in the middle of know where i had to move away from all my family and friends to pursue my love of aviation. After 6 mths i had gained money and experience which i put into gaining my Instructor rating once again i had to work low paying jobs to support my cause whilst looking for a job. after "9 MTHS'' i was happy to hear that i had received a job at a busy aviation college which i currently work today. just passing 1000hrs i have gained a great deal of experience and skill Aviation is not easy people if you get into it for the money, your taking it all wrong. I will get to where i want to go in this industry one day, not tomorrow not next week. maybe in 5-10yrs! but i will tell you one thing, if your heart is in it and you want it bad enough, then dont give up if you do you may as well roll over and die. as my grandfather once put it, "If you start something boy, Finish it" Ive started my career and wont stop till its finished, ask yourself the same question?