PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Require info on the "national flight centre dublin"
Old 23rd Aug 2009, 15:35
powdermonkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok....
bottom line PPL in 45 hours in Ireland??????? Unless you are just AMAZING I have NEVER EVER seen in....try average of 60hours..... I did ALL but hour building and night rating in NFC, lovely people, only flight school in the world that did NOT harass me when I was in financial arrears...which was all the time LOL!!! But honestly, cheaper and quicker abroad in my opinion, somehow seem to concentrate more on the task when away from home and in a limited period of time, USUALLY and I stress the wx is also more reliable!
bottom line it is expensive here: average I would say of at least 12,000 euro for 60 hours ( maybe 150 is a bit less) + PPL study material, charts etc, ground school, written exams, PPL flight test ( time and fees)...travel to and from NFC ( depending on where u live, that can be commuting time and petrol)....somehow 9000euro is not gonna cut it! NEVER assume that you will pass your exams/flight tests first time either ( I hope u do) but you must allow for retraining, fees and re-testing, IT HAPPENS!!!!!!

PS: I don't even want to know how much I spent!