PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air2000 emergency landing after passenger spots hole in wing
Old 1st Jun 2002, 04:49
GoneWest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This message is a double edged sword....I get hurt for posting it - or get hurt for not doing.

I just went back further than I usually do in the forums - because I remembered this story.

I was somewhat dumbfounded by the comments of LMC as to my "sensationalising the story".....so I went back to page one to cut and paste the comment that I'm convinced I said at the start of this thread - which said "this is no great sensational story" - it was a fairly routine deal. Crew knew nothing about it, pax were not in danger.

Couldn't find a thing about it - but I'm convinced that I wrote it. Maybe pressed the wrong buttons afterwards and deleted instead of posting - but I'm convinced I wrote it.

Think of two things: This thread had faded away into the history of the forum - but I brought it back just to say that I never did believe it was a major story....rather than just keep quiet, and..

If I had really wanted to make a sensation out of it, I would have posted on the Saturday morning when I'd worked with the Fire Chief.

My "uninformed comments" were actually limited impressions - as every time I've had the pleasure of flying into SFB in anything bigger than a Seminole (and it is a pleasure relative to MCO), we have been towed onto stand. Every time - hence my impression (apparently false) that the airport was all "tow in"