PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 23rd Aug 2009, 08:31
Matt101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bks unfortunately your last post actually shows how little you know of how BA works internally.

Firstly nobody in the CC community works for £12k a year nor is anyone being asked to work for £12k a year. The basic payment is low but is more than made up for in allowances.

Secondly all the other departments have, for quite some time now, made concessions by increasing productivity, reducing pay or doing away with an allowance based system, so when you ask why don't other people do it - well actually they already have! But that said do you honestly believe a CC member should be paid the same as say a qualified line engineer or a Director?

(And before anyone says it, the pilot's share options will never make up for the pay cuts - just read the document rather than believing the propaganda.)

As an ex Cabin Crew member at BA all I can do is remain very sad watching my colleagues and friends still there being led down a dark path by a Union who doesn't really seem to have the majority of its members best interests at heart.

Lastly bks, I am very impressed at your being happy to start on lessor terms, your future at BA on a new new contract has been sealed by the actions of Union you seem so intent on supporting. However if you want to start at BA at al,l your future colleagues at BA are going to have to make significant changes or there may not be a job for you at all.

It is a very sad situation for all concerned. BA made a not very tactful offer but in reality most of the offer pertains to increased productivity and was a good starting point but it was rejected outright by BASSA. It was the Union who offered pay cuts - how ridiculous is that! So who is really trying to lessen the financial blow to the Cabin Crew??? I hope for the best for BA's Cabin Crew but they are going to have to forget BASSA to achieve that.