PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 22nd Aug 2009, 08:52
bks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sweet Chariot XV, Your post is ridiculous. Like I said no one person is the same you need to accept that. If some are willing to take cuts and some are not that’s the way it goes. Get over it! That’s why there is a union and that’s why people are individuals they all have their own opinons and beliefs on the matter.

I also believe someone else posted that would try their best to secure as much of their old T&C’s as possible. What is wrong with that? Even in this bad economic climate? Good for them I say. If it means threatening to strike so be it. The fact is many have saved perks and pay over the years, good for them. I have other friends who are cabin crew for many different airlines and all would love to work for BA. I find the ones that who say things like you are the ones desperate to join.

Also my presumption that PeterLondon has only flown to Athens was on the basis his post only mentioned Athens. So if he did a 12 hour flight to Hong Kong and the crew were amazing why did he not mention that then. People love to get onto the negative that was my point. And my other point was don’t base your opinion on one very short flight as opposed to a very long one.

Oh an nevertheless you have flown BA many times blah blah blah I work for Emirates. Really who cares? Why are you even comparing a middle eastern airlines over a European airlines. You do realise labour laws change all over the world. My good friend from my old work place works for Emirates and she says she loves it but is very overworked, but you were aware of that when you started! Its like someone working for Virgin and then saying “Oh what I thought I was getting paid £3000 a month” I think if you don’t like it leave. Oh for the record my friend is in the hold pool waiting to get BA kind of sums up my point.

And following this forum? REALLY? Wow you placed in a long line of posters such as pib, flying chick etc etc etc. Maybe if you were able to read or go back on the forum you would find I posted once yes ONCE! And it had little do with the topic. Also I am not BA Crew! I am in the ‘HOLD POOL’ waiting for training.

I can wait 18 months and I don’t care. Its important that when I start I wont be on a completely different contract and will still be treated the same as current crew. They should fight for what they can and if it means waiting so be it. I applied to what I consider the best airlines flying out of lhr in the uk and I got it. If it means waiting for them to sort things out and have worries over strikes then so be it! People should fight for what they can.

I am not denying cuts need to be made but the point is if you don’t put up a fight then we all will be on the same salaries across airlines which is not how the world works. What would be the point in being with BA if you can get the same salary at Ryan Air.

I will wait for the back lash to begin. So many people most and moan etc etc etc. Worry about your own jobs and what you will do and not what others. If you do not agree with one persons opinion then you don’t. Everyone is different!!!!