PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Para Dropping & Pay in GA
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2009, 14:55
xxgoldxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
point 1...

I AM IN NO WAY DEFENDING A LEGIT AIRWORK/CHTR/RPT OP THAT WOULD HIRE A PILOT FOR LESS THAN AWARD.. (or a para op that would pay nothing).... however..

VG etc

all your points are absolutely true .. requires skill and hard work to master... but the point remains.. it is NOT a COMMERCIAL OPERATION IN THE EYES OF CASA..

yes they have looked at it.. yes it is was under scrutiny .. and yes over time I think you will probably see a requirement for it to be a CPL pilot..

so what will the award be for a CPL pilot that flies a private non AOC operation..?? who will want to put thier hand up to try and manage that one..??

people pay a fortune from overseas countries to come here and fly gliders.. they are towed by PPL pilots in anything from Pawnees to ultralights etc.. they pay to get a lift to height .. then they do thier own thing.. they charge passengers for flights as well.. should they have an AOC..??

trikes do the same under the TIF clause in HGFA and I presume something similar in RAA... how comitted to future pilots do you think the average trike ride backpacker pilot is in Cairns, Byron Bay or Broome...??

it is a minefield.. and skydive is not the only one.. but why hassle some guy who wants to get in.. get paid... have fun.. get out and move on..?

asean is obviously someone who got where they are and has alot of stories to tell from meatbombing..

so asean .. from the horses mouth.. are you proud of your achivements or do you feel like a "scab" for having flown the porter etc and worked for less than (who's) award...? or are you better for the experience and enjoying your current life.....

Last edited by xxgoldxx; 21st Aug 2009 at 15:11.