PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Require info on the "national flight centre dublin"
Old 20th Aug 2009, 09:21
John_Mc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
13 Hours into my PPL there and I love it. Went to a competitor out there for my introductory flight, and then booked in for a second lesson which was pushed back and back. When I turned up on the day, I was told I'd be waiting 2 hours so I cancelled it and walked into NFC. Was in the air in 20 mins and haven't looked back

There are loads of aircraft, varying in age and each with their own quirks which you will get used to. All seem to be in good condition and I've never had to wait around as there's always a few on the ground at any one time.

I'm very happy with my instructor, he's professional, friendly and he clearly likes what he's does and this is reflected in the instruction.

The atmosphere is friendly, and there's usually a bit of banter going on in the operations center.

They are no more expensive than other flight schools out there, €195 p.h for the C152 plus landing fee's (€5 full stop, €3 per touch'n'go). I can't comment on ME aircraft or the CPL course.

They do have great facilities there, briefing rooms, classrooms, non-motion sim etc.

Best off heading out there and having a look for yourself