PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas In 5 Years Time?
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2009, 06:36
Wod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QF used to do quite detailed Five-year plans. I doubt they're bothering this year.

I'll be fearles and demonstrate why I never excercised a position of power.

Years 1 & 2 essentially profitless with no dividends, but no major shocks.

Years 3 & 4 increasing profits, but nowhere near adequate for future growth.

Year 5 Good profit, healthy dividend.

Last official statement on 787 was
* Qantas Group firm orders reduce from 65 to 50 aircraft, comprising 35 B787-9s and 15 B787-8s;
* the Group's first 15 aircraft - B787-9s for Jetstar's international operations - delivered from mid-2013, around three years later than planned. Jetstar was to take delivery of 15 smaller B787-8s in mid-2010;
* 15 B787-8s follow over the 12 months from the fourth quarter of 2014 for Qantas' Australian domestic operations and to retire the remaining Qantas B767-300 fleet;
I doubt they'll meet that.

Don't agree that JQ is detrimental to the Group. The market will decide relative size of Mainline and Jetstar.

Real wages will definitely have reduced because we still have eighteen months of increasing national unemployment in the pipeline. On the upside I think QF staff numbers will increase because capacity will start growing this year.

I think Joyce will still be in place, not sure about Clifford though.

One thing to watch with Jetstar is the growth of the Asian off-shoots. They could provide an earlier lift to profits.

Last edited by Wod; 19th Aug 2009 at 06:37. Reason: tidy