PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEEDS 5
Thread: LEEDS 5
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2009, 13:54
righthandrule

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Facelookbovvered, I was more addressing the point that Ryanair get preferential treatment at LBA as it is, and the other airlines (Not just Jet2) suffer. I know that Ryanair have a quick turn around but Jet2 do also, we aim to turn around a 737 in 30 minutes and a 757 in 40 minutes.

It annoys a lot of people that Servisair will turn up to a Jet2 757, marshal it onto stand and get busses for the pax, then all of them sod off to do the Ryanair, once the Ryanair has pushed (some 25 minutes later) they come back to offload the bags from the Jet2 757, which now has a nice delay for the next flight. The situation should be that they should employ enough staff to handle both flights at the same time!!

It is beyond me why the airport regualry use one of the two airbridge stands at LBA for the evening Ryanair arrival, but don't actually use the airbridge. This happened last week, the KLM and Thomas Cook, aswell as an Air Malta A320 and Jet2 757 turned up around the same time. So the four airlines that actually PAY to use an airbridge, Stand 7 was used by the KLM Fokker and stand 8 (airbridge stand) by Ryanair. The rest were put on bussing stands/walk on stands and had a massive wait in baggage. (All the belts in 'use' but surprise surprise only baggage from Dublin was coming through)

Servisair are a joke at LBA at the moment, the merger with Aviance at LBA has made it even worse, there shouldn't be an order of priority over which aircraft get dealt with first other then which one lands first! Unless you witness this happening on a day to day basis you probably won't understand my comments, most of the staff at LBA (Including Servisiar) are not looking forward to Ryanair, the current terminal is under so much pressure already and with the demands Ryanair are putting on the airport (They are deamnding stands 9,10 &11, they are also refusing to use bussing stands 12-24, yet still want the airport to provide busses for walk on stands) next summer is going to be a complete joke. The airport really have let themselves down by letting Ryanair in at the moment, they are walking all over everyone with their demands already, yes Ryanair please come into LBA in two years when the nice new terminal is ready for use, just not now!