PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2009, 12:35
ncleflights

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
10 DME ARC -your stats would be intersting if they weren't distorted by the fact that NCL is starting at a far lower point than many of the airports you quoted. NCL Airports decline started far earlier than the likes of Bristol and Liverpool for example who continued to expand at a time when NCL rcontracted. This fact therefore distorts the true picture.

While its fine to blame the worst recession in the airline industry it must be worth bearing in mind that the decine here at NCL started way before the recession started. The same can not be said of several of the other airports quoted in the stats

I also feel that you may well be over exagerating the current managements contribution to the arrival of Emirates this along with the arrival of easyjet and jet2 was due to a large extent down to the work and guidance of Mr P and the previous regime.

However I do agree 100% with your point about Ryanair moving into Leeds

Aquarius Lad - my assumption is based on the poor state of affairs currently at NCL. A further example of the state of affairs is that I understand that a decision will be made shortly on whether to further delay the opening of the new airport hotel. The main reason is the severe drop in pax numbers at the airport and questions as to whether it can fill sufficient beds to make opening it worthwhile as opposed to continuing to keep the project mothballed.

Finally, neither am I bitter and twisted. I was unaware that to question the managements ability of an airport that I love and want to succeed would lead to personal abuse from a fellow pruner. We live in a democracy and are entitled to question any part of society that is not working whether we work for them of not. By your standards anyone that does so is bitter and twisted. Likewise I welcome any constructive debate on the subject but lets keep the comments grown up. Personal attacks and name calling belong in the playground AL.