PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Para Dropping & Pay in GA
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2009, 07:55
j3pipercub

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the responses guys. At the end of the day though, if they want to work for free, it is their choice.

I have worked as a meatbomber and got paid enought to get by, nowhere near the award though, and I knew that when I signed up. Do I regret it, no...I sleep just fine also, I guess it's just a matter of perspective.

Would I work for nothing? Nope, never...But I don't blame/hate/berate the guys who do. They're willing to do something I'm not therefore I was never in the running for that job anyway.

Will I not recommend them for a job? Depends if they're a sidchrome or not. If they're good people and good operators of course I would recommend them for a job. For me it doesn't depend on whether they flew skydivers for free or not.

I.E. Meatbomber at local strip. Works for free mainly on weekend. I am at bowser, flying school aircraft behind me, meatbomber pulls up behind flying school. I am taking my time as it's been a long time since I re-fuelled my own aircraft (sorry) and I'm having trouble with my fuel card and sequence of events. Instructor and student keep their distance staring impatiently at my attempts at efficiency. Jump trucker walks on over (past flying school aircraft) and gives me a few pointers, done and on my way in no time. Sure he probably had motives to get me going so he could get fuel but who do you think I'm going to recommend for a job? The guy that stares at me or the guy that helps...don't matter to me if he/she flies for free as a jump trucker.

j3