PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEEDS 5
Thread: LEEDS 5
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2009, 07:13
Facelookbovvered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RHrule

Quick turn arounds are very important in the Loco model and its a lot easier to do that with a 738 than 757, at most ryanair bases the ground staff are on the ball, the GPU is plugged in before the beacons are off, APU shut down and pax all but shoved down the stairs. Its less important if you have a longer turn time, but yes the bags will be on the belt quicker, so you had a nice hoilday with jet2 a good flight and then your lasting memory is waiting an hour for your luggage, guess who you blame?

I find it ironic when people applause Man for not prostituting themselves to Ryanair at MAN but seem to expect Bridgeport to do the same for Jet2, there can only be one explaination, that most on here bemoaning Ryanairs arrival are Jet2 employee's/management crapping themselves

For everyone else it means more choice of routes and airlines, that they may fly to some of the same destinations so what? if that means that on some occasions i can catch an early flight with Jet2 but return on a later flight with Ryanair, then for the travelling public its a win win.

Everyone knows about Ryanair's extra charges, it may be sneaky but its not illegal or a fraud and Jet2 have more than a few extra's of their own these days, so sit back and enjoy. If Jet2 are so much better value than Ryanair they have nothing fear and neither do their employee's

More likely is that Leeds pax have become a cash cow for Jet2 to help fund/support their growth elsewhere

I think the first route loss will be bmi regionals remaining base unit if and when ryanair do Brussels South (i think its on the chop list from MAN) it can't be cost effective to support one based unit with engineering cover, all of bmi regional other small base ops have engineer support that cover their mainline ops and or baby