View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2009, 01:22
lk978

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"If you want to improve conditions for pilots, either

1) somehow convince people being a pilot isn't glamorous or exciting
or
2) somehow convince flight schools to train fewer pilots."

superdimona Interesting argument, I am curious to what theory of economic's this comes from?

what about

3) somehow have a minimum people will work for thus not creating a false development of supply. Oh wait they already have done this

This is the case in every industry, sometimes there are more people who want to be employed in an industry than there are jobs. However the award is there to set the minimum standards for employment that is why they are there. yes you will see a decrease in wages just like you see an increase when there is less supply... it was only 18 months ag people where offering 70K for PA31 driver. But there is government interventions that set price floors in many aspects of our economy to protect people and or the country.

If we just left it to law's of supply and demand every fun career would be under threat to the people who want to do it for fun. I would work for free as a bikini inspector.

I am in no way a unionist I am the complete opposite, some people say it is unfair for low time pilots to compete with high time guys... now that my friend is fair compitition just like when you go for a job against someone with more qualifications. Sic vita est