PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 17th Aug 2009, 21:51
flyeruk69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mmm, interesting argument,
I would ask how the courts would view a large corporate company deciding more then 4 years after the illegal secondary strike to take the union involved to court just after said union had authorised legal industrial action ?
Now it wouldn't look at all like revenge now would it ? Surely if the said company was so hopping mad and wanted to seek monetary redress this should have been done years ago , it's not like they've only just realised what allegedly went on back then ?

Everyone recognises the cabin crew had no involvement in this dispute and as this is a completely separate issue there is no reason for Unite not to authorise a ballot for industrial action should BA impose their moa.

As I have said before the last thing I want is industrial action however it looks increasingly likely as summer comes to a close. Due to a 2000 hce reduction in cabin crew (around a 14% reduction) and around a 7% reduction in flying this winter will leave BA no choice but to impose the MOA and reduce crewing levels.

Unfortunately this may well upset the cabin crew community to the point of strike action or a least a positive ballot mandate for strike action.