PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Para Dropping & Pay in GA
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2009, 04:14
PlankBlender

QldPilotGuy, don't give me that 'real world' rubbish, you're just trying to justify your selfish destructive actions.

By definition, if you're not getting paid, you're financing your life by some other means, so you might just as well put a little money into staying current and keep searching for a real job, i.e. one with a wage. Read the other threads in this forum, there's people out there who knock on doors and do the actual 'hard yards' in the form of road trips, pulling pints, doing whatever is required to get that first job, and I'd bet my bottom dollar that they'd have too much self-respect to work for free after going half way around the country and investing all that time and money.

I'm not surprised that no-one's hiring you, with that sort of selfish attitude I know I wouldn't! I've run small businesses, and I would always look at the past actions and employments of a candidate, and working for free for selfish short term gain at the expense of one's peers isn't a character trait I'd want in my team.

Personally, I'd rather go back to my old job (which I don't particularly like although the money isn't bad) than work for free as a pilot. I know I'd feel better just flying a few hours a month in my own time on my own money, than lining someone's pocket with extra profit at the expense of another pilot who can't get a paying flying job because of my actions, or for example the guys at Rex who have to put up with sh!t pay and conditions because there are people like you in the industry. Shame on you!

If you want to be part of an industry and work towards having a standing and respect among peers, then being a selfish little so-and-so who only thinks as far as the hours in his log book isn't going to get you very far.

GADRIVR, well put.

Last edited by PlankBlender; 17th Aug 2009 at 04:28.