PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEEDS 5
Thread: LEEDS 5
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2009, 01:07
righthandrule

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, but its swings around roundabouts. Strange how out of the 31 Jet2 flights from LBA to PMI in May you chose the most expensive to compare with Ryanair.

Blow me! LBA-FAO Return with Ryanair £140, Shock Horror Jet2 ONLY £79!!! (And yes thats 22kg luggage with Jet2 as apposed to 15kg with Ryanair) and to add into the equation .. 33" legroom with Jet2 on the 757's (Thanks to the lovely new seats being rolled out across the fleet) and a late lunchtime departure from LBA, rather than having to get to LBA at 5am with Ryanair. I know who I would choose..

Ryanair are always going to be cheaper than Jet2 on some days and vice versa, what good does making price comparisons do? Ryanair's LBA-ALC has had no effect on Jet2's passenger figures, same goes for LBA-BCN. As it has already been proved on these two routes, price (so far) has not been a governing factor. Quite simply LBA has a massive catchment area, Jet2 are at capacity from LBA, Ryanair will simply take passengers away from MAN, not eat away at Jet2's numbers. The crtics don't believe this, but the statistics speak for themselves.