PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots New Vueling
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2009, 01:02
N-1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is true and fair.

The language issue should be treated like some international agreements: bilateraly on a quid pro quo basis.

If in Germany they require german proficiency, in Spain we should require spanish proficiency... for german pilots (nothing personal!)
If in Holland they only require english, in Spain we should only require english for dutch pilots. And so on...
This is true and shame.

But I am a little shocked to see how young and green looking some of the ex-Clickair Captains are.

Is this true or not some guys coming to Click with 800-900 hours and two years right seat then bingo Captain ( 2500 hours ) if they are sharp enough ( and connected )
?
This may be true if ex-training "responible" from ex-Click doen NOT takes over again....

I've been told the Vueling new Sepla section ( once recognized )
will help stand up for a proper safety culture and to maintain high Maintenance standards , as well as defending working conditions, not punctuality at the cost of safety
But remeber that SEPLA is a union mainly created to support IBERIA pilots and I bet they died (lost all of their power as an union) on November 2001 (I think) when IBERIA Management closed the Company.... this caused SEPLA to bend donw on their knees and loose respect and credibility.... Fact? 7 years fighting to get a new Convenio that will also die end of this year...... I don't see any capability or power of representating pilots at Vueling (Marketing name of the company bought by Clickair) . Let's see what's happen.