PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do you really want to be a pilot!
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2009, 14:21
B200Drvr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The way I see it is this. My airline wouldn't let me be in that seat unless they were thoroughly satisfied that I was safe to be there. There is still much about the Airbus I don't know - I learn something new about it pretty much every time I go to work. As do some of the captains I fly with. In the politest possible way, I don't have to justify my position in the right hand seat of the aircraft to people with thousands of hours worth of bush flying in the third world, who are a bit jealous they haven't got their big break. If I wasn't up to the job, my airline wouldn't let me do it.

What a load of rubbish, you and I both know you can buy your way into an Airbus seat.
your ignorance and inexperience shows by the above statement, If you don't think that experience counts for anything, be it bush flying in the third world, military or any other form that YOU don't have, you are sadly misguided. People that do bush flying as a way to build time, do just that, build time and then move on. People that have THOUSANDS of hours bush flying as you put it, probably want to be there, and don't want to sit in the RH seat of an Airbus.
Who do you think you are that people are should be jealous of your RH seat in an Airbus? Get a grip man, anybody with a peanut for a brain and a bit of cash can do that!!!! Its not a big break.