PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do you really want to be a pilot!
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2009, 14:10
dbriglee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zippy Monster

YOU DA MAN!
I fully agree with all you say on the subject.... this place can get totally addictive and simple discussions can turn into full blown insults haha.

I feel some of you may have misinterpreted my posts.
OF COURSE CAPTAINS WILL HAVE MORE EXPERIENCE AT THE PROCESS OF DECISION MAKING.. i'm prertty sure i said that.. (however my input will also be needed!)

Me saying about 'saving the day' was meant to show that..

Well, the general point trying to be discussed is low hour F/Os don't really have any experience of 'real flying' (indeed define real flying!), and these low hour pilots have no hands on experience, straight out of flying into the RHS. They go to pieces and totally lose all concentration if a problem faced them. I suppose trying to infere,.... Just sitting there, basically looking out of the window, when a problem arises the captain deals with it all, of course, he is more experienced than me isn't he?! And i'm sat in a nice big plane with a nice career not appreciating where i am?!

And the whole comment about 'I sound like a guy who no one would ever want to fly with??' .. uhh yea OK.?!

Wasn't the first question here do low hour F/Os deserve to be there wasn't it??!

Well, can someone tell me why I don't 'DESERVE' to be there or have the responsibility, because i have flown only a hand full of aircraft, i haven't done banner towing? Or piddling about in single engines at 100 quid an hour doing 'hours building' makes my experience level increase??!

And by the way people, the commercial world is TOTALLY different to GA, so why does so much GA matter?!