PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MPL at Alpha academy
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2009, 13:24
malirm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Summary...

Hi guys, I waited till most of the guys with & against MPL to post & reply...now to clarify alots of stuff, remember I am not fighting but clarifying

I went to the ICAO website, ICAO magazine & ICAO Appendix D of the "General ICAO Civilian Pilot License Structure" that states the requirements of the MPL & other Licenses!, it doesn't mention a SPONSOR airline...it mentions a PARTNER airline...thats a big difference!...no Commitments or Ties! only joint training.

When I signed the contract with AAA, it was clear from the school's side & Air Arabia that I am guarateed an MPL...i.e. I will be issued a license what so ever...this means I will fly the 40 sectors (about 120 hours) with Air Arabia what so ever...clocking in about 170 hours of flight time...where I will just need 10 to 20 flight hours for a CPL/IR + Typerating (integrated) which is an extra of 4500 USD max!, so don't worry if life is unfair for a while...plus you can get your PPL after clocking the 70 flight hours (on c172) by doing a check ride & UAE airlaw test for PPL!...it is truely that flexible

I am in the 2nd Batch of Cadets, happy to say that the first batch of cadets will start flying in Sept. & hopefully I will in Jan 2010. @ betp...I was lucky to pass through to stage 2, but this doesn't mean they will return all the bucks...they'll get their costs & return the rest to me...if I was sucessful , don't worry I only paid the first 150000 AED!, furthermore, I won't have to attend all the flight school classes with EY...in the case if I joined

Bytheway, alots of visits by Air Arabia HR, Flight ops, Training Dept. Managers & Vice Managers goes on monthly if not weekly, I met the Senior pilots of Air Arabia (actually...they visit us)...who are bytheway close to our building...they were so happy & so confident that we are the best trained Pilots in Asia...they are comparing us with OAT & CTC trainees

About Getting a Job...one of the Senior/Management people in Air Arabia said clearly to us, "don't worry, your are Air Arabia Sons, you are a Priority in employment...just focus on your training & do well". Moreover, search about Air Arabia & see how many orders on aircrafts they have, see how fast they are growing...then talk about employment & to enlighten...Air Arabia owns 51% of Alpha Aviation Academy, they have assisted AAA with setting a strong selection criteria/screening (I met alots of people who couldn't make it through)...harder than that of Clark Aviation. Plus the fact that my last 4-6 months of the training will be by Air Arabia pilots & instructors! (partner airline)

Hope I cleared alots of stuff here...at the end I want to Fly...paying 100 USD or 120 000 USD (better if A320)...trust me if you NEED it (not want it)...you'll get it, you just have to work hard...I was lucky enough to get rich suddenly in the middle of economic crisis, See you around in the skies falks

Sorry for some grammar or spelling mistakes...I'm preparing for the GCAA tests & I'm in a hurry...be back online in 2 weeks

Last edited by malirm; 14th Aug 2009 at 13:48.