PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Conversion from FAA to JAA coming to an end?
Old 14th Aug 2009, 03:49
chuks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Campaign Against Aviation...

How about this one?

Chasing an FI(A) with about 1 700 hours of dual given 30 years ago as a CFI in the States I finally scrounged a letter from someone who belongs to the family that once owned the school (closed long ago) to provide the "independent confirmation" of my time (What, I am going to forge logbooks from 30 years ago?) so that I don't have to work under supervision and supervise 25 solo flights.

Loooong silence from the CAA and then back comes the acceptance of my time but a request for something else (that no one had mentioned when I spoke directly to the CAA at the Belgrano) before the restriction comes off, the rating issued with the restriction and the requirement to pay an extra 84 quid to lift the restriction. No phone call or e-mail to tell me what they wanted first, they just mailed all my logbooks back along with this letter, when the new form does say to provide all the logbooks in connection with the application.

You know, I think these people are toying with me! Should I write to my congressman?