PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Job Front - Note to the Unions, Chief Pilots, Agencies and Fellow Pilots
Old 13th Aug 2009, 16:23
Landflap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great thread. I wish I was the CEO of a large Transport Company & I would hire the lot of you. Very articulate, often intellectual, extremely supportive of eachother.

Dreamshiner, who started it;stick with it. You will succeed. This is all just a matter of supply & demand. The Industry has over-supplied into a shrinking market.

I have just hung up my flying boots after 40 glorious years & 22500 hours.
I was "Sponsored" in 1971. Those were, indeed ,the glory days where everything was paid for & we even got local Education Grants for upkeep ! I had to repay one third of Training costs over a five year period. That was all "then". Airlines were having to do this in response to the shrinking market supply of military pilots. BOAC & BEA opened up Hamble in, around ,1963 and called it the Joint Corporation Pilot Training Scheme. The Corporation claimed that they would never, direct recruit and that all employment would be through the College of Air Training at Hamble. Well, that all changed, too, quite quickly.
BOAC/BEA continued to supply cadets to Hamble, Oxford & even Perth at a time when they were having difficulty in employing current graduates. All, really, slow responses to a very quick-change environment.

Today, I admire you lot. It is a bad demand market &, foreseeable. I was astonished, some years ago when supply schools were predicting a pilot shortage & then pumping into a clearly shrinking market, you fabulous people ! A bit like the mis-selling in pensions & investment, you guys might have a case for being mis-sold by these cash hungry schools.

Very best wishes and thoughts to the finest group of people I know. An industry thoroughly deserving of all of you.