PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do you really want to be a pilot!
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2009, 09:56
Zippy Monster

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
No need to get so irate
Irate?! I was feeling quite the opposite, thanks - was just enjoying a quiet relaxing beer after a late 4 sectors. The post wasn't intended to sound irate.

You seem to shout that we are all jealous because you are in the RHS, well done
Nope, I didn't say "you are all jealous". What I said, if you re-read my post, is that when you get a bunch of people complaining that low-hour fATPLs are undeserving of a jet job and that bunch of people happen to be self-titled 'real pilots', it smacks a little bit of jealousy. There's a subtle difference.

After all the twaddle that some have posted here (including zippy')
Why was it twaddle? Just because it expressed an opinion different from your own? You're entitled to it just as I am to mine, but at least bother to justify it rather than dismissing it as 'twaddle'.

I have the LHS so in no way covet the RHS in a 'no manual flying' tube full of SLF'
In which case, apologies for the generalisation.

I note nobody has yet sought to define the terms 'real pilot' and 'real flying' though...! And I repeat my suggestion that knowing your stuff about flying a light twin piston VFR in marginal conditions really doesn't have a massive bearing on one's ability to operate a heavy jet. It's like comparing driving a bus and an F1 car - it's two completely different types of flying. Try flying a medium jet like a Seneca and you'll be summoned for a meeting in the office before you can say "flight data monitoring..."!