PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEEDS 5
Thread: LEEDS 5
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2009, 20:59
14 loop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who knows....

There appear to be alot of definitive opinions on winners and losers on this Jet2vRyan battle at LBA. (There's even more of this nonsense on the Ryanair thread, albeit with the odd bit of well reasoned thought) which I invite you to read, digest and for the most part...excrete! I think it's a very close call and until Summer 2010 comes along we won't really know.

Waiting for some of the more respected LBA posters on PPRuNe to come out of the shadows and post on this thread....(they know who they are), but in their absence thus far, I suspect that Jet2 will tinker with their advance plans for next Summer re exact frequencies on routes etc, but overall there is likely to be a coexistance, as each operator finds the measure of each other and the relative price elasticities of their target markets settle.

As Parkin & Hallwood at LBA have said, their target is the leakage west from the natural LBA catchment; to quote the idiots that think this is the end of Ringway...it is not, but it should certainly help to stem some of the flow.

What nobody has asked.....how will these additional pax be accommodated during what is set to be a rather intense bit of construction at LBA during 2010? At least the 2 based RYR machines will be on fairly intense schedules, meaning earlier starts, later finishes (than Jet2) and probably not coinciding with the current peak pax flows (I estimate both RYR machines will have left LBA c0600). Nevertheless a question.....