PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEEDS 5
Thread: LEEDS 5
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2009, 20:21
righthandrule

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We are not going to agree on this discussion, but regardless of what everyone is saying about Jet2, they are a stronger player than people think, they have a very good product, much better than some scheduled airlines. They have proved over the last year that they are highly profitable for their size and they fill aircraft. Look what happened at MAN with Jet2, they started a load of routes that they were unable to compete on, they reduced the flying programme to concentrate on routes that they made a profit on, and now are building back up the base to be highly successful.

Jet2 have dramatically reduced their cost base this year, I won't go into details as I do not think it is an area that should be discussed in public but Jet2 can compete with Ryanair, they will compete and they will survive. I can see that certain routes will face the chop by Jet2 but they have dropped a handful of routes each year but each time announce further routes which have proven to be a huge success. I have spoken to PM since the Ryanair announcement and as far as he is concerned he will NOT let O'Leary win.

No matter what anyone says about Jet2's aircraft being old, who cares?! Jet2 fly their aircraft profitablly and at the end of the day that is the bottom line. Most of the 737 have had a cabin revamp and the 757s are in the process of getting very nice new seats, aswell as two more aircraft getting winglets this coming winter. Passengers do not care about what the aircraft is like aslong as they get to where they are going safely. If anybody gets to fly on G-CGET (12 year old ex bmi baby leased in a/c) then fly one of Jet2's G-CEL* aircraft (24 year old) you will see a MASSIVE difference. Our old birds win hands down.