PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 12th Aug 2009, 15:27
jetset lady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flying chick
one nightstop on worldwide??? 9 days off a month on Eurofleet? One day more than office workers in healthy environment!!! One in charge on the 767?? Late finish on your last day? 10pm?? Disgusting!! Actually BA wanted midnight but the union was the one that come with 10pm which is fine, they had no choice.

So don't you dare tell me as cabin crew that these things are acceptable. If you have them at LGW that is your problem not ours and all the crew who transfered from LGW who are wonderful by the way, are totally up for a good fight too. After the stories I have heard I don't blame them. Bring it on!!!
As cabin crew, I'm daring to tell you that these things aren't just acceptable, they are the norm in most places, other than up on your little cloud above the golden runways! In fact, having come from a charter airline, I can tell you that you have no idea what hard work is really about. I have never before come across such a bunch of deluded spoilt brats! But I blame the company for that. For years, they have pandered to you, scared of upsetting the apple cart. Well, no more. They can't afford to do that now.

The sad thing is, up until now, I've had some sympathy for the crew up at LHR. I know it's not great to have to change your work practices. It was no picnic when SF came in at LGW, but without it, I very much doubt BA LGW would even exist anymore and, hard though this may be for you to believe, not everyone wants to work at LHR. Yep, even some of those secondee's want to come back! You obviously haven't met them yet. Or maybe they think it's easier to keep quiet rather than risk the discussion which will, undoubtedly, follow.

Can you not understand that this is happening, whether you like it or not? You can threaten all you like, but as many, many people have already stated, in this economy, the company are the ones holding the all the cards. BASSA had the chance to minimise the damage, but they failed. It may now be too late. I hope, for everyones sake, it isn't.

But you don't want to hear any of this, do you? You aren't interested unless a post conforms to your idea of what should happen. If it doesn't, it gets filed under anti-crew or crew bashing.

Jsl