PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Merlins crews unwilling to go to Afghanistan?
Old 12th Aug 2009, 14:41
brandnew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stop squealing!

Wow. A bit of criticism, and people really start squealing!

Just because a little bit of truth can sting, doesn't mean you should hold back from being honest. I am equally as critical about my own service and A/C types when they don't cut the mustard. I was equally scathing of a certain Lynx Sqn a few months ago. They to advice from a variety of sources and got a lot better.

Before Compressorstall has a heart attack about IGS, I am at home lolling around on POTL, waiting for my car to be fixed. Eating toast. In my kitchen. In Shepherd's Bush. Happy?

The sad truth is that the Merlin Force have an great A/C, but only perform to an adequate standard. They caused me and many others scores of problems on TELIC because of their arrogance and lack of professionalism.

"The overall aim is to deliver capability to Op HERRICK". I could not agree more. If that were the case, then the Merlin Force should try attending some of the conferences and meetings about Op HERRICK. It would be a start. One thing I have learned from the last decade is that military aviation is a constant learning process. I contstantly cavass other Squadrons, Regiments, Flights, Brigades, Services, Countries and the civilian world for advice. Not listening and being blindly arrogant, while having your rather good A/C bail you out of self made poo-traps is hardly the way ahead!

With regards to MRX's and PXR's, I'll think you'll find that my comments were fairly representative. Nil or noddy attendance at many planning conferences. Poor performance on the Ex (and seriously embarrassing CO JHF(A) to be). The only time they got excited was when flying journalists. Nothing funnier that watching a 17 stone obese crewman wheezing up the ramp, spinning dales of daring do to fleet streets finest.

Anyway, I hope that the Merlin aircrew enjoy their break in the sun!

Like I said earler, see you all next year in Bastion again. We'll see how they get on.

Fly safe!

Last edited by brandnew; 12th Aug 2009 at 14:45. Reason: More spelling!