PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Merlins crews unwilling to go to Afghanistan?
Old 12th Aug 2009, 13:23
Minorite invisible

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intolerance

I am amazed how intolerant the military types are about any form of criticism. I am surprised this guy was not kicked out of Pprune for violating some obscure regulation, like was done to me when I suggested on this forum that the requirement by certain countries to have DAS fitted on all troop transport aircraft deployed to Afghanistan was more of a measure to keep an Air Force monopoly on Air Transport rather than a valid security measure based on any kind of real missile threat.

I am a civilian. That is my opinion. It is based on Web based reports that I read and that are openly available on the Web and published by many respected organizations, including IALPA and the FAA. Yet I was kicked out and banned for violating some sort of National Security regulation and my posts were deleted.

You guys sound like the Jewish lobby, whose attitude is that Israel can do no wrong and that anyone who criticizes Israel is anti-semitic or pro-terrorist and that any Jewish person who dares criticism of Israel is a self-hating Jew.

Criticism is constructive and must be accepted. No one is perfect and everyone errs in both action and policy. That includes Israel and the UK military. When an aircraft crashes, the accident report is published and blame is put where it belongs. When the military blunders, it conveniently hides behind the need for secrecy, a requirement which is too often brought up needlessly.

You guys wouldn't even be having this thread if the subject hadn't made the papers. It would be "Top Secret". There are more posts here attacking other posters than discussing the issue. That is what brings the level of discussion to the level it has come down to.