PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Merlins crews unwilling to go to Afghanistan?
Old 12th Aug 2009, 12:04
Compressorstall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some people should not have access to a keyboard

Brandnew

You are obviously in an appointment with not much to do other than clog the internet, and I hope that you are not doing this through the IGS.

Your comments on the Merlin are unhelpful and demonstrate the small-minded, blinkered approach that stifles Jointery and advancement. I cannot be bothered to plough through this whole thread, but what comes across is someone who should not be in a position that requires the Joint approach and whilst you may have been to Iraq and Afghan, you obviously didn't learn much.

Yes, Op HERRICK is a step-change from Op TELIC and perhaps the Merlin Force needs the opportunity to build on the experience gained in Op TELIC which has occupied the majority of the capacity of the small and still very new Force. There are also a lot of young crews who sometimes might make comments that belie their youth, but surely you made some crass comments when you were starting out too.

These forums are read by some who would like to create the lurid tabloid headlines that sell papers, not necessarily tell the truth, and you are fuelling the paper sellers, not the news-makers.

The Merlin Force are preparing well for their next deployment and not lounging round, far from it. Stop speculating about what you don't know and keep your inflammatory, negative and ill-informed comments to yourself. Or have the courage of your convictions and visit the Squadrons and give them a brief, I'm confident they have the humility and sense of foregiveness to listen to you.

This thread is nothing more than malicious crew-room gossip. I have always respected the AAC and you are doing your cap badge no favours, so I suggest you stop now.

Regards

CS