PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Merlins crews unwilling to go to Afghanistan?
Old 12th Aug 2009, 10:15
TheWizard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by brandnew

The Merlin Force would, in my opinion, be better served by attending the Exercises that the SME's (in this case the Chinook Force) attend. If Morroco is good enough for them, then why not go along and listen. Perhaps you will learn something. Better still, find an Exercise that involves soldiers (they're the blokes in green or sandy clothes that sometimes climb into the back of your aircraft. i.e. the reason you exist) The best solution is to attend one of the many pre-HERRICK MRX's. They're run fairly regulary. If you need directions, ask Odiham.
Perhaps if you had any idea what you were talking about you would know that once again you are spouting utter drivel. Where were you on the last MRX then?

You come across as such as a petulant, willy wavy and childish individual. Throw what ever immature and pathetic insults around that you wish. Not bad for a commissioned officer in the British Army. Sandhurst would be proud.

have you deleted your posts and run off squealing into the sunset?
It wasn't for your benefit, it was because this whole thread has just descended into a farce and I am sure your C of C and JHC are delighted that so much laundry is being washed in public.

In fact, the Merlin Force have problems listening to advice from anyone!
Oh dear, knowing now what you do and where you come from that is priceless!!

Over 10 years in uniform, with +1000 hours on Lynx and another +750 on another AAC type.
Well done you. Double the years served and multiply the hours by a lot more and then maybe, just maybe, I will listen to your patronising cr@p. (see, willy waving is easy on the internet)

If it really bothers you that much, drop down to Benson and voice your concerns to the Station Commander.

In the meantime, we will get on with working with the AAC....in America

p.s Have the last word if you wish. I am out of here.

Last edited by TheWizard; 12th Aug 2009 at 16:00. Reason: Edited because Brandnewsance suddenly increases his hours