PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas:EP Predeparture Checks Reintroduced
Old 12th Aug 2009, 00:16
distracted cockroach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nothing wrong with asking a few questions. I agree that if you don't know the answers to straight-foward EP questions, then you shouldn't be operating. Afterall, as someone said, the prime responsibility of CC is safety (not who has the most perfect makeup/latest handbag etc)
As for the "stress of being asked questions", surely you jest! If you can't handle the stress of a few questions, then how the hell will you handle the stress of an emergency?
I've flown with a great many competent, able and pleasant cabin crew (male and female)....I've also been absolutely horrified by what I have seen at joint tech/cabin crew EP days....the inability to actually open a door was one...and I jest you not.
SOME people need reminding that their job is NOT just to swan up and down the aisle looking fabulous and acting vacuuous (I think that is a word!)...and we all know there are people out there like that. If something like a few EP questions before a flight will weed some of them out, or get them to get their s%$t together, then bravo!
Again, we are talking about a minority, but it could be a mnority that makes the difference in a life or death situation.....just because these don't arrive every day(or even at all in one's career) does not mean they shouldn't be prepared for.